Stat-X is the leading provider of fire suppression systems for the global wind industry and in particular China, Europe, and Chile.
Automatic fire protection of wind turbines is of great importance as the consequential damages of wind turbine fires is enormous. This risk has gained considerable attention as the number of wind turbines multiply worldwide.
Wind turbines are positioned in remote areas and generally operate 200 feet or more above ground. The nacelle sits on top of the tower and contains the gear box, low and high-speed shafts, generator, controller, and brakes. The main causes of fires are lightning strikes; however, components inside the turbine fail; gears can jam and brakes can fail. These events will cause overheating or sparks and fires.
Turbine fires originate from lightning strikes, from failures of generators or power converters, overheating of brakes, ignition of lubricants or hydraulic fluids, or numerous other factors. These fires often have catastrophic effects and are already causing millions of dollars of damage annually. The construction of the wind turbine, the threat of fire, and the remote and harsh nature of these facilities combine to make the Stat-X® aerosol fire suppression units uniquely suited to reduce this threat.
It is important that fire suppression equipment be included as part of any safety plan. Our Stat-X® fire suppression solutions are ideal for this application in the nacelle, cabinets, and the down tower cabinets. In addition, our Stat-X First Responder® which is a hand deployed device is designed as a personal protection tool providing suppression and emergency egress for turbine technicians.
We are proud to be named a TOP WIND ENERGY SOLUTION PROVIDER
by Energy Tech Review. This article
includes an interview with Lance D. Harry, P.E., CEO and president of Fireaway Inc.
Stat-X® Fire Suppression Features:
- Effective Agent Performance
Highly effective based on required density
- Compact and Modular
Offering adaptable design especially when space and weight are critical
- Simple and Economic Installation
No piping required, special bracing, or pipe support materials that can be complex, confusing, and costly, resulting in significant savings on parts and labor
Ideal for harsh environments and remote locations
- Long service life
Service life of fifteen (15) years
- Virtually Maintenance Free
- U.S. EPA SNAP listed for normally occupied and unoccupied spaces
- Environmentally Friendly
Zero Global Warming Potential and Zero Ozone Depletion Potential
- Made in the USA
Suggested Product Lines
Stat-X® Fixed System: Electrical Units for Ordinary Locations
Stat-X First Responder® Aerosol Fire Suppression Tool (FST)
- Stat-X® fire suppression is the system of choice for this recent wind turbine installation at SAESA Chile carried out by our distributor partner, STATFire. These fire suppression systems are protecting...READ MORE »
- Stat-X® fire suppression systems are protecting many wind turbine generators for a large energy company. The wind turbines are located in Ontario, Canada. Our smaller thermally activated units are shown...READ MORE »
- About the Project SAESA, a large electrical power generator, distributor and transmitter, provides power to the region of Aysen, Chile. Aysen is a sparsely populated area of southern Chile with...READ MORE »