Energy powers our world and is derived from many sources.
Power generation from these Energy sources can be grouped into three broad categories:
- Fossil fuels including coal, petroleum, and natural gas which are finite in supply.
- Nuclear power, power derived from the heat of a nuclear fission reaction
- Renewable energy also referred to as clean energy, comes from natural sources or processes that are constantly replenished, such as sun and wind. When harnessed successfully, renewable energy is considered inexhaustible.
Renewable energy includes:
- hydroelectric power, power derived from flowing water
- biomass such as wood, waste, and biofuels
- geothermal, energy derived from the heat contained under the Earth’s surface
- solar energy, radiant light and heat from the Sun converted to useable Energy
- wind power, converting air movement into electricity
Electricity is the most common result of these power generation processes, utilizing the primary energy sources listed. In power generation, there are many facets of production and they frequently include fire hazards. We approach each industry differently.
Stat-X® fire suppression is the solution for the following industries.
In fossil fuels, we protect:
Onshore Oil and Gas
In renewable energy industries, we protect:
Energy Storage Systems (ESS) and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)