A Replacement for Gas Extinguishment Systems
Aerosol technology offers to vehicle manufacturers and operators one of the most compact, environmentally friendly, maintenance free engine compartment protection systems available on the market today. Stat-X generators are so tough they are currently used on thousands of mine explosion-resistant military vehicles.
Automatic fire suppression system installation on vehicles is becoming more common. Stat-X is viable as a replacement for existing gas fire extinguishing system or as a compact lightweight solution for new production vehicles where weight and space are critical.
- U.S. EPA SNAP listed as a halon 1301 replacement system more effective compared with other agents: halon (5X) and clean agents (10X)
- Compact and relatively lightweight compared with clean agents; does not require piping to distribute agent
- Listed for Class A (surface), B, and C fires (involvement by Class A and B fires)
- Designed to be non-toxic, floods enclosure with ultra-fine 2 micron particles and inert nitrogen gas.
Stat-X compact lightweight products can be fitted in the bus engine compartment.
- Tested and approved to the Swedish Fire Protection Association Standard SBF 128:1 Guidelines for fixed automatic fire suppression systems for buses and coaches
- Designed to interface with a fire detection system or with the bus management system
- Stat-X is offered with thermal or mechanical manual release actuators for those applications where electric power sources are unavailable
Stat-X can protect heavy vehicles and trucks from engine compartment fires.
- A fire protection technology that is different from dry chemical systems
- A fire detection and suppression system with solid agent particles ten (10) times smaller than dry chemical agents but will not leave residue such as that by dry chemical systems
- Is naturally buoyant in the engine compartment and floods in a similar manner as a gaseous fire suppression system
- Is potassium based, a highly potent element in flame extinguishment
The Stat-X Advantage for Fire Suppression for Buses
- Preserve the core of your business operations by safeguarding crucial assets from potential hazards.
- Keep your operations running seamlessly by significantly reducing disruptions and costly halts caused by fire incidents.
- Prioritize the well-being of every individual, creating a secure environment for all employees.
Bus Passenger Compartments Fire Suppression
Fire Suppression for Enclosed Bus Engine Bays
Stat-X Fire Suppression Features:
An alternative to traditional special hazard Fire Protection
- Effective Agent PerformanceHighly effective based on required density
- Compact and ModularFor engine compartments where space is limited, and weight is critical
- Simple and Economic InstallationNo piping required, resulting in significant savings on parts and labor
- DurableWithstands harsh environments with dust, vibrations, and a wide climate range. Tested to meet MIL Standard 810 & SBF128 protocols
- Long service lifeService life of fifteen (15) years
- Made in the USA
- Virtually Maintenance FreeNo cylinder weighing requirement or leakage risks
- U.S. EPA SNAP listed for normally occupied and unoccupied spacesRegulatory certainty. No risk of future regulations interrupting supply
- Environmentally FriendlyZero potential for global warming or ozone depletion
- Maintains performance in the event of rollover
- Compatible with the latest detection and control systems
- Installed on every continent
- 329 distributors
- 750,000 sold worldwide
- 94 countries
Embrace the future of fire suppression
Suggested Product Lines
Stat-X® Fixed System: Electrical Units for Ordinary Locations
Stat-X First Responder® Aerosol Fire Suppression Tool (FST)