Here are a few “Quick Facts” on Electrical Cabinet Fire Suppression
Electrical cabinets are found in nearly every industry operating today. They serve as a vital component to the backbone utility and technology infrastructure. When electricity and combustibles like wire covering, insulation or flammable liquids, are combined, a fire hazard is present.
Stat-X® aerosol fire suppression systems are an ideal solution for cramped electrical cabinets and their surrounding facilities.
• Proven, UL listed performance protecting Class A – surface, B and C hazards.
• Simple yet robust and elegant design. Minimal space is required for Stat-X canisters allowing them to easily fit in an electrical cabinet or rack. The units are completely non-pressurized and require no piping.
• Activation of the Stat-X units can be initiated through an electrical signal (control panel with smoke or heat detection) or thermal actuator (no external power is required).
• Inspection and maintenance of Stat-X units is straightforward and budget-friendly.
• Stat-X systems are approved for normally occupied spaces through the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP list).
• Aerosol from the discharge of Stat-X systems is environmentally friendly, with zero OPD, zero GWP, and negligible atmospheric lifetime.
• Fires in electrical facilities can interrupt operations and cause significant damage to infrastructure. Stat-X systems are the most cost effective and proven method to protect this equipment and facilities, maintaining service to your customers and operations.