Here are a few “Quick Facts” on Energy Storage Fire Suppression
Li-ion and other industrial scale batteries can represent a significant fire hazard through overheating, igniting combustibles or triggering a thermal runaway event.
Stat-X® aerosol fire suppression systems have demonstrated excellent results in minimizing thermal runaway propagation and suppression of resultant fires within ESS structures and containers.
• Proven performance through testing in multiple battery configurations, appropriate for Class A (surface), B, and C hazards.
• Simple yet robust and elegant design. No floor space is required for Stat-X canisters, and the units are completely non-pressurized as installed.
• Activation of the Stat-X units can be initiated through an electrical signal (control panel with smoke or heat detection) or thermal actuator (no external power is required).
• Inspection and maintenance of Stat-X units is straightforward and budget-friendly.
• Stat-X systems are approved for normally occupied spaces through the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP list).
• Stat-X micro-particles tend to ‘float’ and stay airborne, at the appropriate design density typically for 45-60 min, far greater than gaseous agents.
• Aerosol from the discharge of Stat-X systems is environmentally friendly, with zero OPD, zero GWP, and negligible atmospheric lifetime.
• ESS fires are a real threat for operations personnel and first responders; Stat-X systems are the most cost-effective strategy to protect ESS containers and facilities against fire and should be part of your NFPA 855 compliant Emergency Operations Plan (EOP).